Why you’re seeing this statement
This statement explains what information we gather when you visit our website and informs you how this information is used and protected.
Our web pages link to external websites: Travel SEO has no responsibility for privacy or other legal issues relating to these external sites.
This policy was last reviewed on .
It is standard practice for webservers to collect data automatically about all requests for files (web pages, images, etc). Data gathered by Travel SEO webservers include:
- your IP address
- details about your web browser
- details about the files requested
- date and time of requests for each file requested
- the referring page, if any, from which you may have followed a hyperlink
- search terms and search results
- the domain from which your request originated
- your username, if you have authenticated with the webserver
This information is also gathered by Google Analytics to provide web traffic reporting for Robert Wheeler.
If you visit our pages via a proxy server, some of the logged data will be obscured; for instance, the IP address collected will be that of the proxy server rather than that of your computer.
All personal data is collected and stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, any individuals about whom Travel SEO may be holding personal data has the right to access the data that is being held about them.
What about cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer. They relate to a specific website, and can be used to enhance that site's functionality and your interaction with it; they may also be used for usage tracking, research, targeting, etc.
For more information about cookies please see www.allaboutcookies.org
What we do with the data
Data relating to webserver requests are used for completion of the current activity (e.g. a request to view a web page), and are subsequently stored in log files, which are later processed to provide statistical information about usage, load on servers, traffic patterns, troubleshooting, incident investigation, etc. This data is also recorded by Google Analytics which is used by Travel SEO to report on web traffic on its sites. Analysis of web usage may be used for: systems and performance monitoring; research; marketing (e.g. analysis of demographic information and user behaviour).
Do we share the data?
Personal data will not be passed on to third parties and will remain confidential, unless explicitly stated (e.g. if a web form is gathering data to be passed on to an external partner). The four exceptions to this are:
- Many Travel SEO web pages include tracking code which allows Google Analytics to record usage and traffic information. This data is held on Google servers, and is used for reporting and analysis by Travel SEO and a limited number of external consultants; they are not shared with any other parties. They are not used to identify individuals.
- Data may be passed to the police and other authorities where it is required in the investigation of illegal activities and security breaches.
Where data is passed to third parties, it is done so in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Anonymised usage data may be provided in publicly-available web statistics; any such data cannot be traced to individual users.